Lippert Waste Master Sewer Hose Review
(Camp Addict does NOT accept payment from any company to review or endorse their products.)
By Marshall Wendler
If you've ever struggled with twisting or untwisting the bayonet fittings found on a traditional camper sewer hose and thought 'there has to be a better system for dumping RV tanks', this review is for you!
The Lippert Waste Master sewer hose is the best RV sewer hose that money can buy.
It has a cam lock connector that makes a leak-resistant connection, puncture-resistant hose with a smooth interior for easy cleanup, and a connected nozzle that features an integrated shut off valve and easy-grip handle.
It also boasts other features that you won't find with other sewer hoses.
Waste Master Hose Kit
20-foot Extension Kit
First, the Lippert Waste Master RV sewer hose has a revolutionary design. It virtually eliminates the leaking issues associated with traditional RV sewer hoses.
Second, the Waste Master utilizes a cam lock system instead of the traditional bayonet-style RV sewer pipe fittings.
The cam system is the easiest type of sewer hose to connect and disconnect. This provides a no-drip seal between the end of the hose and the RV sewer pipe.
After struggling with other sewer hoses, Camp Addict co-founder Kelly got a Waste Master RV hose.
She no longer suffers from having to bend over really low and perform a back-breaking motion to connect and disconnect the traditional style sewer hose.
To be honest, this sewer hose felt 'klunkier' than her old hose when Kelly first got and used it.
However, with time, she got used to, and liked, the sturdiness of the hose.
The best part? Definitely the ease of getting it on and off her sewer output! Fortunately, and as predicted, it doesn't hurt her back or hands to tackle this chore anymore.
If you tend to stay at one location for extended periods of time, consider getting a sewer hose support to support your Waste Master as it 'runs' from your RV to the ground septic hole. A support is also good if you run your hose over uneven terrain.
Waste Master Sewer Hose Ease Of Use
Before this hose, there were times that Camp Addict co-founder Kelly couldn't get her old sewer hose off without help.
Now, with the Lippert hose, that problem doesn't exist. The cam system is VERY easy to get on and off. No twisting required.
Soooo much easier on backs and hands!
Indestructible and Cleaner Sewer Hose?
The 18-foot hose that comes with the Lippert Waste Master RV Sewer Management System is abrasion and puncture resistant.
As such, it will not be flattened if it is accidentally run over by a vehicle.
Additionally, the hose features a helical coil on the outside. This allows for a smooth interior that doesn't catch debris.
Traditional RV sewer hoses have valleys inside which can keep black tank debris from flushing out of the hose.
However, this is not a huge problem for traditional sewer hoses.
Need Extra Sewer Hose Length?
If you require additional hose length than what the standard sewer kit comes with, there is an available 20-foot hose extension. It comes with an adapter to connect the extension to the main sewer hose.
Waste Master RV Hose Cam Assembly
So, the cam lock connection between the Lippert Waste Master sewer hose and your RV's waste tank output is very unique to sewer hoses.
The cam lock is MUCH easier to connect and disconnect than the traditional bayonet-type fittings. The traditional ones offer a twist-on and require a good deal of hand strength and twisting motion (while bending over).
That said, quite possibly the BEST part of this system is how easy the connector is.
This is because it comes with a cam-style lock assembly. The lock mechanism lets people with grip and arthritis issues connect and disconnect the RV sewer hose with ease.
It eliminates a literal pain point for many RVers.
Waste Master 'Business' End Facts
The Waste Master system is unique in that it has an integrated discharge nozzle featuring a 90-degree angle with a clear view port and a rubber donut that seals the ground drain connection.
There is also a shut-off valve right at the nozzle, which serves two purposes:
- Seals off the end to prevent dripping during sewer hose storage.
- It also allows the user to instantly shut off the discharge flow in case the dump station overflows.
In fact, Kelly found another bonus of the integrated shut-off valve.
It stops the hose from stinking up your basement if that's where you store it. (The hose also comes with a cap for the other end.)
Waste Master Cam Lock Connector Installation
The Lippert Waste Master RV Sewer Management System requires a one-time installation. It only requires that you permanently mount the cam lock mechanism to the end of your RV sewer pipe.
This is done by removing the 4 'nubs' where the traditional bayonet fittings mount. Read the box below to learn how to install the end to your RV.
Installing The Lippert Waste Master
In June of 2019, we installed this system on Camp Addict co-founder Kelly's travel trailer.
She was sick and tired of dealing with her traditional sewer hose. It hurt her back trying to twist it on and off, while leaning over to reach low under her trailer.
Also, sometimes grip strength was an issue. In brief, switching to the much easier Lippert sewer hose set up was a welcome reprieve.
Installing the Waste Master cam lock assembly is a very easy project (see below video).
It's a simple 4-step process:
- Cut/saw off the existing 'nubs' (normally 4) from the end of your RV's sewer pipe.
- Sand the outside circumference of the sewer outlet to ensure nubs are completely removed.
- Dry fit the cam lock assembly to ensure proper fit.
- Apply the proper glue to the outside of the sewer outlet and inside of the lock assembly then assemble ensuring the lock handles are properly positioned.
Once the glue sets, you are ready to start using the much easier to use Lippert system.
Installing The Waste Master Hose
Please note, adding the Lippert lock assembly does extend your sewer outlet a bit.
In light of that information, make sure you have enough clearance before starting the installation in case you have a compartment door or anything else that might cause a clearance issue with an extended sewer output.
Lippert does sell a cam lock to bayonet adapter which is needed in case you ever need to use the traditional style dump hose in the future.
Bayonet Fitting Adapter
There may come a time when you need to use a traditional bayonet fitting hose. But you've already converted to the Lippert Waste Master cam lock system.
They offer an adapter that connects into the cam lock fitting that has been permanently mounted to your RV's sewage outlet. (Kelly has this part and has yet to use it.)
If you have it, you can then attach a conventional style sewer hose to your camper. This hose adapter is removable so that you can go back to using the Waste Master RV sewer hose at any time.
Therefore, switching back and forth between the two styles of sewer hoses is simple with this handy adapter.
Although the cost of the Waste Master system is greater than a traditional sewer hose, the ease of use and longevity more than justify the price.
Kelly's hose has been leak-free and going strong for years now (While full-time traveling).
Consequently, we find it to be the best RV sewer hose in the RV industry.
Lippert Waste Master RV Hose
Lippert Waste Master Features and Specs:
- Cam lock connector provides a positive seal that requires minimal effort to 'lock'. This type of connection has been used for decades by most liquid transportation industries and has proven to provide a reliable, strong seal.
- UV protected hose is resistant to abrasions and punctures and will retain shape if run over by a vehicle (will not crush).
- Hose has outer helical coils that allow for a smooth interior. Unlike traditional RV sewer hoses that have coils on the inside, which can easily trap waste particles and liquid.
- Bonded cuffs create a strong, permanent seal between the hose and end fittings, preventing waste drips that are common in non-bonded hoses.
- The permanently connected nozzle is molded with integrated handle for easy handling.
- Discharge nozzle features a 90-degree angle discharge port with a rubber donut that creates an airtight seal with the most sizes of ground sewage drain openings found at dump stations and campgrounds. Additionally, it has a clear view port for visual confirmation of empty tanks while dumping your gray and black tank.
- Discharge nozzle has a shut-off valve that lets you stop wastewater flow instantly if the dump station/campsite sewage connection overflows.
- 20 foot hose when fully extended and collapses to 5.5 feet.
- Sewer hose can be extended to the exact distance (up to 18 feet) that you need and will retain the shape you bend it to.
- Optional 20-foot extension hose with connecting assembly for those times when the campground sewer connection is at a greater distance.
Author: Marshall Wendler
As the co-founder of Camp Addict, Marshall Wendler is a seasoned expert in the world of RVing, with years of hands-on experience living the full-time RV life in his travel trailer. From 2014 to 2020, Marshall learned the ins and outs of the lifestyle and has enjoyed sharing his knowledge and expertise with others. After a brief hiatus as a part-time RVer in 2021 and 2022, Marshall is back on the road full-time, embracing the vanlife and all the exciting possibilities it brings. He particularly enjoys the freedom and flexibility of boondocking and is excited to share his technical insights with the Camp Addict community. Whether you're a seasoned pro or new to the RV world, Marshall has valuable insights and information to share, and is here to help you navigate the exciting world of RVing with confidence and ease.